Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"I'm giving you the advantage", or so said I

I just remembered an incident which happened quite some time ago when I met an old friend.
Just in the most casual of conversations, I wondered how motion sensors worked, and I asked him if may be he knew how they worked. I wasn't really expecting a detailed answer, but just an insight.
He told me that they probably have a camera in them, which shot images at very short intervals of time and then compared it with the previous ones.
Well, it sounded alright at that time, but it was only later I realized that he just got away with bullshit!

Lesson learned: People will bullshit to you all the time, even with a straight face.

In my defense, all I can say is.. "Well.. even Sherlock got cheated by an old lady"

3 Comments:

Blogger Goley said...

In our team this kind of bullshit is called "churan", which we give to customers all the time and get away with it :D

1:57 PM  
Blogger Padma said...

how did u realize he was bull shitting u?? too lazy to check on google Karan.. can u pls explain how motion sensors actually work?? :D

8:19 PM  
Blogger Karan said...

@goley: aah but u might get caught sometime

@paddy: many different types available actually. one type detects heat, n one other type detects some microscopic particles which is emitted by the skin

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home