Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Reading too much into it?

"Oops.. Excuse me", she said with a sweet smile on her face, while trying to get through the revolving door.
"Ladies first", he said, responding with a grin, as if it was the least he could do since she had smiled so sweetly.

Chivalry is a lost art, she thought, in the business world of dog-eat-dog. But he was kinda cute though. She was happy as she went thru the entrance into the trading office, coz for once, someone had shown her some courtesy. A good beginning to the day. I wonder which department he works in, I haven't seen him before. May be I should try to find out where he works. No, thats silly. It will seem a little too desperate. What's the time now? 08:54. Maybe I should come by the office tomorrow at the same time, may be he'll let me walk thru the door once again. Should I look back and smile at him? No, that'll make it seem like I'm too interested in him. He may not like those kinda women. But what if he does? No, seems unlikely. If he's working in this office, he must be a person who likes to be in control. I should let him come to me, and then I should play hard to get. Does he like to be intrigued? I should search the net on how to smile intriguingly.. is there such a word?

"Wow! looks great from behind too!", he thought, happy that his "chivalry" paid off. He let her slip from the corner of his eye, and walked to his department.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pragnya said...

Who is the "he" and the "she"? Do I know them?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Murali said...

Fuck chivalry....

Ppl focus on ur flaws most of the time anyways...

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U r blogging after a long long time!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Karan said...

@pragnya: its a fictional story which i wrote off the top of my head

@murali: i dont quite understand the context of that statement

@anon: yup i am

5:35 PM  
Blogger Goley said...

Good one.. I liked it :) Its kinda true (the girl's side i mean)

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the top of ur head has nice ideas... :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Kiran said...

nice one..wassup wt u dude, Won't even find u online these days. Where have u vanished ?

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)
very nice

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home